Thursday, August 6, 2015

My Mask Beads

Back in April, we went to Costa Rica for 10 days. Loved the vegetation and of course the animals! It got to the point seeing a crocodile was no big deal anymore.

One of the things I fell in love with on the trip were masks made by the Bocura People who live in South-Pacific Costa Rica.They carve the most beautiful masks made of balsa wood.

I ended up buying two - to go along with my Mexican carved masks and animals.

At any rate, I have been trying to translate the masks into glass. It has been a trip with a serious learning curve.

At any rate, here are my attempts at translation. Certain details can't be translated, at least not with my skills.

The wooden masks contain so many different surface planes covered in patterns I can't do it. But it is a journey...

For more info on the Bocura, follow this link - Boruca People

No comments:

Post a Comment