Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thank you Grand Rapids

A big thanks to those who came to see us at the Western Michigan Bead Expo.  The show has moved to a new venue, the Prince Conference Center at Calvin College -beautiful and intimate - and best of all, free parking. Thanks also to Nancy and Robin for all of their hard work putting the show together.

As a Michigan artist, I appreciate all of my customers - without them I couldn't follow my passion - lampworking.  I know these are tough economic times but please know your patronage is appreciated.  I worry that we will lose some of our smaller bead venues and some of our artists for lack of support.

When I came home from Grand Rapids on Saturday evening I notice I had received a catalogue from "an oriental" bead importer/supplier.  My husband had looked through the catalogue and commented on why should people buy from us lampworkers when these beads are available.

All I could say was ours is a superior product, there's a person with a name behind each bead who works hard to make a small piece of wearable art. If you just want a piece of glass, those beads will work for you and you are supporting some factory worker overseas.

But if you want something special that is unique and a miniature piece of art - I'm there along with many other Michigan lampworkers.

So again, than your for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment