Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm back home!

I have been away from my blog for quite some time.  After returning from frozen Tucson, I had 5 days to prepare to leave for 2 weeks in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I am not complaining.  It was great to warm up, relax and get inspired - and let's not forget going shopping.
I've been working on a Mexican/Central American theme since the first of the year. The gray skies of Michigan in the winter can be tough for finding inspiration for color - nothing against grays, blues and white. 


So I started to look around my home. I found loads of color in the Mexican, Central and South American handcrafts that we have collected over the years - and of course while in Mexico I had to pick up a few items to add to the collection - all in the name of "inspiration" of course!  My newest friend, or I should say, one of my newest friend.  I also got a blue flamingo...
So, the talavera tiles and pottery, the wood carved alebrijes, and Aztec dolls have become my source of inspiration. Please check out my Etsy shop, Fire Dance Lampwork on Etsy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment