Saturday, January 14, 2012

New piece of work

I continue to explore working with my glass flowers, leaves and pods. Am taking a class with Sara Sally Le Grand this week and hope I have something worth showing from there. 

I am hoping it will allow me to "take off" in some different directions.

It takes time for lessons learned in a class to stop looking like you took so-and-so's class and the techniques become your own. I am looking forward to that journey.


But in the meantime, here is one of my "big honkin'"floral pieces.  It has a sunny feeling about it.





I was inspired by some of the gardens we would stumble upon while wandering the neighborhoods of Murano, Italy. 


Unfortunately, I can't find the picture I was looking for, but the garden was at the rear of the house and it faced the pathway we would sometimes take.


Since I couldn't find that picture, I am adding one of grapes growing outside of one of the glass studios we visited.

These colors inspired the piece in the post below which I refer to as "Autun>"


Both pieces are available at Lawrence Street Gallery, Ferndale, MI.

No comments:

Post a Comment