Friday, June 8, 2018

"Glass Act"/Southeastern Michigan Glassbead Makers Guild at Bead & Button

It's Bead & Button Show time again. It's the world's largest bead show. I will have my beads, components and some finished work in the Glass Act booth - #1016.

There will be new pieces will be available for the first time at this show.



I have been exploring other materials that can be used to with my lanpwork glass to make jewelry and jewelry making components. And ways to make the pieces lighter weight and a little less expensive.

This is a new piece, it can be use as a pendant or a pin-back could be added


When I was little, my mom would plant portulaca. I thought they were so pretty and colorful - 

They remind me of the crepe paper flowers you find in Mexico. 

Below is my version of Portulaca. They have a wire loop in the back and can be threaded onto ribbon, beading wire or used with jump rings. 


Will have to post finished pieces later. As I always say, I'd rather be in my studio making stuff than playing on the computer.


More to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment